Everyone has their shoe kryptonite. For some, it’s heels too high to walk in or those Nike slides I keep seeing everywhere. For me, it’s cute mules, and I will never stop buying them. My love for mules has not been an easy journey by any means, y’all. I can’t count the number of times my brother has referred to them as “grandma shoes” or the looks of disappointment my roommate gives me when she sees I’ve decided to don a pair of mules for whatever event we’re attending. But guess what? I give…zero shits. I love mules, I think they’re incredibly cute, and I will wear them fair beyond when they go out of style. Not even my close friends’ and family’s disdain can stop me.
Here’s the thing, though: Mules aren’t even easy for me to walk in. Sure, they’re comfortable, but—and this is TMI, so sorry in advance—my feet get so sweaty that they constantly slip out of the shoe. I’ve learned to just put in little inserts that keep my feet from sliding out of the open back of my super cute mules, but it’s still annoying. My love for these shoes is that strong. I will purchase extra things to make sure I can wear them! If that’s not a mule obsession, I don’t know what is.
My goal is to one day own those beautiful and well-crafted Gucci mules that I see whenever I walk into a big department store. Until then, though, you’ll find me in Target renditions of the famous mule. Of course, there are myriad other cute mules to shop, so I have rounded up some of my favorites below. Can’t stop and won’t stop the mule love.
Here at Unruly, we’re committed to featuring plus-size pieces we genuinely love and want to share with you. We’re connected to an affiliate revenue program, which means we might make a small commission when you buy products through our shopping guides. This in no way affects the pieces we choose to feature, and it never will. (Confused? We’d love to answer any questions you have about this. Email us at email@example.com!)
1. Spirit Eye Mules — $79.95 at Anthropologie
2. DESIGN Majestic Mule Loafer — $32 at ASOS
3. DESIGN Lorne Pointed Mules — $29 at ASOS
4. The Cindy Mule — $118 at Madewell
5. Universal Thread Esther Mules — $24.99 at Target
6. DESIGN Moves Leather Mule Loafers — $56 at ASOS
7. The Remi Mule — $88 at Madewell
8. Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn Leather Mules — $98 at Anthropologie
9. DESIGN Malta Mule — $35 at ASOS
10. Survival Suede Flat — $74.99 at Anthropologie
11. DESIGN Look Up Pointed Mules — $32 at ASOS
12. Devin Embellished Slides — $118 at Anthropologie
13. DESIGN Mascot Bamboo Buckle Pointed Mules — $28 at ASOS
14. A New Day Junebug Mules — $19.53 at Target
15. DESIGN Look Up Pointed Mules — $32 at ASOS
16. The Frances Loafer Mule — $128 at Madewell
17. DESIGN Maldives Embroidered Mules — $32 at ASOS
18. Universal Thread Amber Backless Mules — $22.98 at Target
19. The Frances Loafer Mule — $148 at Madewell