OK, pals, I have a sartorial bone to pick. Why is it that you always hear brands, influencers, fashion writers and the like talk about spring and summer sunglasses as the ultimate accessory (which, to be fair they are), but no one ever utters a word about trendy fall sunglasses? I have news for y’all: The sun doesn’t just disappear after the fall equinox begins! Sure, it may get darker earlier and the sun might seem less intense, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t shield your eyes from the sun in the same way you do for every other season. I happen to have a respectable collection of 30 pairs (and counting!!!) of sunglasses, and you better believe I have pairs that are unofficially designated for autumn. Fall sunglasses may not be a “thing,” but I’m here to prove to everyone that they should be.
Just like pastels are typically worn in spring and brights and whites in summer, fall has its own set of typical hues. Brown, mustard, cream, navy—neutrals abound in the autumn. Brands always release sunglasses that go with the colors of the warmer seasons (I have a pair of light blue flower-shaped sunnies that are absolutely adorable for spring and summer), so why not incorporate this same thinking into fall collections?! I want sunnies specifically designed to go with my oversized sweaters and leggings looks. I want to shield my eyes just as much when I wear a bright swimsuit as when I wear a neutral turtleneck and mom jeans. Sunglasses in fall are just as important as sunglasses in spring and summer—full stop.
Although brands clearly don’t agree with this sentiment as much as they should, I managed to find some perfect-for-fall sunglasses ready for pumpkin patches and corn mazes. There’s nothing I love more than hiding from my haters and picking an apple from a tree at the same time, and these sunnies allow for it all. So go forth and protect your precious eyeballs this fall, my loves. Let’s all show the world that autumnal fashion shouldn’t exclude sunglasses.
1. Cher Chunky Rectangle Sunglasses — $20 at Free People
2. Tortoiseshell Effect Sunglasses — $24.90 at Zara
3. In the Groove Sunglasses — $25 at Free People
4. Heart Eye Sunglasses — $20 at Free People
5. Bianca Aviator Sunglasses — $28 at Free People
6. Rectangle Sunglasses — $16 at Addition Elle
7. Mid-Square Sunglasses in Tort — $19 at ASOS
8. Oval Tinted Sunglasses — $5.99 at Forever 21
9. The Heavy Tropix in Agave — $95 at Crap Eyewear
10. Squared Two-Toned Sunglasses — $29.90 at Zara
11. Chunky Cat-Eye Sunglasses — $15 at ASOS
12. The Patty in Black — $67.50 from By Tezza
13. Sunglasses with Metallic Brow Bar — $16 at Addition Elle